Consider the following:
- Spring is coming and that means spring cleaning.
- BF Day is building a new playground, and that costs money.
- If only there were some way to turn that spring cleaning into money for the playground…
Ta Da! Along with our friends at Northwest Center, a new way to raise funds for the new playground is here.
- What? A clothing drive. Clear out your closets of unwanted clothing of all ages, coats, linens, towels, shoes, scarves, handbags, etc.
- Who? Northwest Center, the non-profit organization dedicated to helping adults and children with disabilities, and BF Day families. But this event is not limited to just us. ANYONE can donate, ANYONE can participate.
- Where? Right at our school! Northwest Center will provide barrels to be placed around the school and will pick up items throughout the week as barrels fill up.
- How? Northwest Center will take our donations and re-sell them to support their programs. In turn, we receive 10 cents/pound of clothing. For a visual, a big lawn trash bag is about 30 pounds of clothes.
- When? There are two weeks that the barrels will be present at our school. The first is April 9th-13th, the second is April 23rd-27th.
- Why? There are so many reasons. To help you de-clutter your home. To support the mission of Northwest Center. To bring the BF Day Playground Project one step closer to becoming a reality. To pass on unneeded items in your household to a new home where they are needed, just to name a few.
So gather those items and tell your neighbors, this great opportunity benefits everyone and anyone who participates. Thank you!
Any questions? Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.