BF Day Boardgamers is a new after-school club at BF Day. We are a small group of parent volunteers who love playing games and would like to host a learning, social, and fun after-school experience.
We are going to start out small with three meetings in December to sort of “play test” our ideas and format.
Our objectives are:
- Create a fun, and engaging environment that promotes the learning process.
- Growth in friendly and healthy competition, gracious winning, and respect for
- Engage logic, math, communication, and problem solving strategies.
- Engage reading comprehension, converting read materials into action and
- Experience true teamwork.
We’ve all been told that making mistakes is how we learn. A game setting is a perfect environment to make mistakes. It engages the learning process by getting feedback from your peers, seeing other options to a problem, and good old fashioned trial and error. A game gives us the freedom to fail without harmful consequences. And that, is how we learn.
Oh, and by the way, it’s massive fun, too.
- December 1st – Introductions, Goals and Club Charter.
Catan Jr, Exploding Kittens, Splendor, Sushi Go, Forbidden Desert, more.
- December 8th – Ticket to Ride with Card Kingdom
Card Kingdom is bringing extra copies of the game and will lead game play.
- December 15th – Favorite Free Play
We’ll be playing Ticket to Ride and other favorites from our first meeting. Experienced kid players invited to lead games.
Each Player must bring:
- An open mind and an adventurous spirit
- A focus and readiness to learn how a game works
- Respect for your fellow players
- Respect for the physical game; its board, cards and all pieces.
Each Player will receive:
- An invitation to experience new and challenging games
- Mentorship in finding winning strategies and problem solving
- Respect from all Players
- A rewarding, fun hour of social interaction
Enrollment for BF Day Boardgamers:
Meets: December 1st, 8th, 15th. 2:50-3:45 pm
Grades: 1st – 5th. 18 student maximum.
Cost: There is no cost to join BF Day Boardgamers. Please consider supporting BF Day PTSA in whatever way you are able.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to enroll your student!